Saturday, July 21, 2012

Peplum is Back with Vengeance















Tank Top : Arizona
Skirt : from Hongkong (DIY: Peplum Skirt)
Earrings : Samau Boutique
Bracelet : Bazaar Finds
Belt : T-shisss
Shoes : Lovely Shop

The peplum skirt trend can be traced all the way back to the 40s and has faded in and out of fashion for quite some time now. Usually attached to a sleek silhouette, the peplum skirt is a stylish contrast to a cinched waist and it plays off the shape of the hips beautifully.

This is my DIY Peplum skirt from my old Pencil Skirt. Instead of just sleeping in my closet for years, I transformed this skirt into a fashionable Peplum Skirt. Before, it used to be a knee length skirt and now it became a mini-skirt. Reuse & Recycle , Right?

Channelling the trend ~ I guess I can really say that Peplum Skirt is a trend in my wardrobe now (harhar!)

Style tip
If you have a slender figure, you can get away with a dramatically flared peplum skirt, it’ll give you the right amount of shape and curve without overwhelming your figure. If you are curvier or full-figured, you can still pull off this trend. Go with a more fitted peplum. This will allow you to show off your curves while emphasizing and accentuating a cinched waist.


No comments:

Post a Comment